Senior Data Scientist
WHO WE NEED: SwipeSense handles large-scale distributed IOT hardware networks that produce massive amounts of real-time sensor data. We’re looking for someone who is excited about designing and building with the future of big data solutions in-mind. We are looking for an experienced engineer who relishes putting the latest advances in algorithms and machine learning to use, to make sense of multi-sensor data streams.
PRIMARY ROLE: Responsible for the development and implementation of algorithms and machine learning methods to convert multiple sensor data streams, originating from a distributed sensor network, into accurate activity predictions.
- Develop distributed streaming algorithms to analyze and process high-volume sensor data in real time.
- Optimize decision making algorithms to provide high-accuracy location and movement decisions using signal strength and other sensor data from a mesh network of low energy bluetooth devices.
- Develop methods to analyze algorithm performance and grant insights into edge case and failure scenarios.
- Oversee development of scoring scripts to guide algorithm improvements.
- Create real-time performance metrics to accelerate iteration cycles and allow rapid prototyping.
- Collaborate with embedded team on new sensor development to ensure sensor output meets algorithmic needs.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers team to implement algorithms in production environment.
- Strong modern algorithm fundamentals: pattern recognition, machine learning, multi-sensor fusion, image processing, probabilistic modelling, etc.
- Strong physics fundamentals, understanding of RF systems
- Signal Processing & information theory
- Experience with cloud based distributed computing platforms like hadoop or spark
- Knowledge of distributed data storage with Hadoop, Cassandra, or equivalent
- Knowledge of data streaming technologies such as Kafka or Amazon kinesis
- Deep understanding of big O notation and algorithm complexity analysis
- Comfort with Linux, bash, and open source tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- No higher degree must be compensated by previous work experience.
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters. Must be legally authorized to work in the USA. SwipeSense offers competitive compensation, stock options and excellent medical and dental benefits. M/F/D/V