Senior Data Scientist
- Be the thought leader for data science, AI and ML for the team’s.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to junior data scientists and practitioners in our product and delivery teams.
- Define features, tooling and improvements to our products and processes.
- Help grow our data science team for the future.
- Keep pulse of the latest development in AI/ML, big data, and the tools and products data scientists and businesses uses.
Role Specific Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using scripting languages and tools (Python, R, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Familiar with the following software/tools/platforms:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using scripting languages: Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing (ML) platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: Regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools and presenting data to stakeholders
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Proficient
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Learning Agility - Expert
- Analysis - Expert
- Problem Solving - Expert
- Process Orientation - Expert
- Prioritization - Advanced
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field (Preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and applying advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to software product development and creating high-impact business analytics initiatives
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience building production services, preferably as part of a product development team. A track record of implementing data-driven products is ideal.