Senior Data Steward
Sr. Data Steward
The senior data steward is a key role within the Data Team organization responsible for utilizing Data Team's data governance processes to ensure fitness of data elements; both the content and metadata.
This individual shall work with the Data Quality and Governance Manager and others to ensure the management, oversight of Echo's data assets and provide business users with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner.
- Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering or Business or equivalent years of experience (master is preferred; bachelor’s degree is required).
- Experienced senior analyst with a demonstrated history of working in information technology, data quality and data governance services.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft SQL with experience in developing simple to complex queries for data discovery.
- Experienced in Informatica Data Quality Analyst and Developer tools.
- Experienced in business analysis and requirement analysis.
- Ability to “think out-of-box”, produce solution options and recommendations to complex business problems.
- 6 - 8 years of experience working with Echo and/or equivalent transportation logistics experience is highly desirable.
- Masters the concepts of DQM and has proven record in managing or being part of designing, testing and establishing Data Quality Management processes and systems.
- Masters the concepts of Data Governance and has proven record in setting, authorizing, enforcement and maintenance of strategies, policies, standards and operating procedures of enterprise level data assets.
- Understands concepts of MDM and has some proven record in master data management or being part of designing, testing and establishing MDM processes and systems.
- Proven track record (6-8 years) working in a fast-paced environment, on time sensitive projects
- Responsible for the enforcement and management of Data Policies, Data Standards and Standard Operating Procedures for enterprise critical data assets.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the enterprise data asset catalog.
- Assess legal, privacy and compliance data risk for critical data asset.
- Produce data risk response strategy, response plan, execute and mitigate risk.
- Develop and deliver communication and training plan.
- Participate in raising awareness of Data Quality and Governance program.
- Produce profiles for data domains, data entities and data objects.
- Identify need for, produce and enforce data policies and/or standards.
- Produce, enforce Data Quality Management standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Produce Data Quality rules, enforce completeness, conformity, consistency, accuracy, uniqueness and timeliness of data.
- Produce data quality design requirements based on business data quality rules.
- Develop Data Quality scorecards, measure against benchmark, monitor progress and produce quality continuous improvement plan.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems, identify resolution and lead the execution of approved data changes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.