Senior Database Administrator (Oracle & Exadata)
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
HAVI is actively searching for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator!
The Senior Oracle DBA is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of HAVI databases. This role will translate data, application, and process requirements into appropriate database solutions.
- Provide development and adminstration support for Oracle and other databases.
- Installs, configures and maintains (upgrade and patch) database software.
- Manage databases on on-premise database appliances as well as in the cloud.
- Creates, monitors and optimizes database performance utilizing advanced performance tuning skills. Finish
- Automates recurring/redundant database tasks.
- Maintains database integrity, availability and restorability.
- Executes and automates database refreshes.
- Provides on-call support by analyzing and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Leads and contributes to design discussions in a cross-functional project setting.
- Develops database standards, guidelines and best practices and be ambassador to promote them and implemented across the cross-functional areas.
- Collaborate with application team for performance tuning from development through production environment.
- Performs capacity planning and project estimation.
- Evaluates and researches new database features, version and technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years' expereince in the developnment and adminstration of databases (Oracle preferred)
- Experience working with:
- Oracle 12c/11g (with ASM & R.A.C.), Exadata
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2
- Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control
- Linux/UNIX/Perl (w/ Shell Scripting or equivalent scripting language)
- Erwin (or other data modeling tools)
- Microsoft Office Tools
- Supply Chain experience is a plus but not required
- Self-motivated, problem solver, out-of-box thinker and excellent verbal/written communication skills
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Linux: Redhat or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Oracle 12C, SQL 2016, NoSQL, Hadoop, Big Data
- PL/SQL development
- Toad / SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio
- Past support of Informatica, OBIEE, Tableau, or SAS development, SSIS/SSRS
- Data Modeling (Data Warehousing, OLAP, and OLTP)
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our
customers’—and our company’s success