Senior Database Administrator (Postgres, MongoDB) at Rally Health
The Ops team at Rally is not your average “Ops” team. Yes, this team is the engine that keeps the train running, but to do that, we have 2 core virtues: 1) Everything must be self-service and 2) drive autonomy.
Self-service tooling is core to our mission to allow ourselves to scale our impact with a growing workforce. Our dev teams deploy their own services, troubleshoot their own databases and performance, but when it gets real, we’re there to collaborate. Our posture of autonomy keeps us active and engaged with our co-workers and prevents us from being complacent or passive.
We do not seek heroism. We recognize and reward individual accomplishments, but we know that ultimately, teams win. The DBAs on the Ops team are necessary to our success. Our data is our lifeblood, so keeping it safe, secure and available is of the utmost importance.
You will report to the Manager of Engineering, Ops that oversees cloud application data systems.Responsibilities
- You will work as part of the Ops team, but partner with application engineering teams to ensure that our database infrastructure is prepared to serve our millions of customers today and into the future
- Monitor database performance, holistically address systemic issues
- Build processes to enable self-service database provisioning for broad engineering use (i.e. databases as a push-button service)
- Provide expertise and tooling to engineers for common database functions (version upgrades, migrations, seeding, testing, and performance monitoring)
- Work with security, audit, and compliance teams to certify we're following policy
- You have deep experience administering one or more resident data technologies for at least 5 years (MongoDB, Postgres, Casandra, Etcd, ElasticSearch or Kafka)
- Proficiency in a high-level language such as Ruby, Python, Go, Node or the like
- Professional experience with AWS or equivalent cloud platform
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation software such as Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation
- Worked in a regulated (HIPAA, SOC) consumer SaaS environment
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.