DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including technology selection and recommendation, development of stored procedures, data cleansing, database maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring of database that are used by a critical trading system. You will also be actively involved in the ongoing enhancement and automation of system processes.
- Perform database support and performance tuning
- Troubleshoot production issues related to data and SQL code
- Perform logical database design review and physical database implementations.
- Design/write SQL stored procedures used for core trading system software
- Design relationships and constraints and develop monitoring to ensure referential integrity and data validity in production databases
- Manage database code consistency between dev, QA, and production for multiple regions
- Able to gather, understand, and suggest requirements for database usage for core development groups
- Work with software developers, quantitative research, app support, and QA on data related development needs
- Provide reporting services and Data Warehouse design/support
- At least 5 years of professional experience with Microsoft SQL
- Must have T-SQL experience
- Experience with Trading Securities data (futures, options, equities, currencies, corp actions, etc.)
- Experience with Data Warehousing
- Experience with other DB technologies (Postgres, Oracle, InfluxDB, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus
- PL/SQL experience is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.