Senior Database Engineer
Senior Database Engineer
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
We are looking to hire an experienced Database Engineer to be based out of our Chicago loop HQ.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Defining overall technical solutions that govern the development effort for an end-to-end Datawarehouse projects.
- Collaborating closely with the BI team to understand the business requirements and perform data transformation, Master Data Management (MDM), data quality and validations.
- Data extraction design and engineering from various source systems using multiple tools and technologies.
- Reviews code prior to implementation to production. Creating and maintaining all artifacts for the solutions
What You Will Definitely Need
- 5+ years’ experience in data modeling, data extraction and data warehousing concepts
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or an equivalent field
- Solid understanding in data modeling, entity relationship diagram, dimensions and facts
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers
- Performance tuning the slow running queries using SQL profiler or investigating through the explain plan
- Knowledge of indexes and how they can be used to enhance the query performance
- Great communication skills, data-oriented personality with problem solving attitude
What We Would Love to See
- Some knowledge of iSeries, IBM DB2, Syncsort, MIMIX would be preferable
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Experience with analytical modeling in a scripting language such as Python, R or similar would be highly advantageous
- Better understanding of current technology and carrying out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results
- Self-motivated, individual contributor
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.