ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 90,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 90,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Database Infrastructure Engineer to join our Data Operations team. Our team is passionate about automating our infrastructure and ensuring that we stay current with the latest technology practices.
The Sr. Database Infrastructure Engineer will provide technical leadership supporting and scaling hundreds of AWS servers powering our marketing and CRM platform.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Design, build and maintain backend databases using AWS RDS technologies
- Perform database capacity planning, maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various database resources
- Lead and execute system changes and upgrades
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database escalations, drive incidents/problems until resolution and employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Work with SRE, DevOps and engineering teams to build tools using Python that drive database scalability, reliability and performance
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures that improve stability and prevent data loss
- Setup DB monitoring, alerting, trending and graphing methods with the SRE team and regularly evaluate and improve it
- Work with development and analytic teams on database modeling and design from the moment a feature addition is planned
- Participate in code reviews that include DB changes
- Lead and execute performance and load testing efforts on databases
What is needed:
- 5+ years of experience with Python and other scripting languages
- 3+ years experience in AWS RDS/Aurora and relational databases
- Deep understanding of cloud database technologies and emerging trends
- Automation first mindset
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
- Experience using automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef) AWS Certifications a plus
- Passionate, pragmatic problem solver with the ability to independently pursue solutions to complex problems
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description