Senior Emerging Database Advisor at Arity
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The successful candidate will operate within the global management model with responsibility to:
• Primarily responsible for NoSQL space (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis platforms).
• Liaise and support relevant application groups for database related issues / queries.
• Lead major project efforts to determine technical scope and execution plan that align with the requirements of the project.
• Lead incident reviews, troubleshoot database issues, and perform health checks / quality reviews.
• Perform ongoing performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
• Automate redundant / recurring database tasks.
• Provide mentoring to other DBAs and act as escalation.
• Support initiatives within Arity and CompoZed labs.
The successful candidate should have strong communication skills with a proven track record in driving quality, process improvement and technical strategic decisions within the NoSQL DBA environment.
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a DBA
• 5+ years in database management, testing, scripting, or configuration
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• High degree of knowledge within the Cassandra and MongoDB platforms
• Familiarity with Cloud providers (particularly AWS) and open source software
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in
• Planning & Organization
• Managing risks & issues
• Stakeholder Management (including negotiating with Senior Leadership)
• Ability to learn new technologies
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.