Senior Engineering Manager, Data Platforms at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Data is at the core of our product and at the core of every decision making process at Affirm. The vision of the Data Engineering team at Affirm is to enable a culture and build tools that empower everyone by the use of actionable, reliable, and readily available data when building a product or making a decision. Data Platforms builds products and interfaces for users to make the most of the data ecosystem.
As the Senior Engineering Manager of Data Platforms, you will partner closely with owners of business critical initiatives throughout the entire business including engineering, marketing, analytics to build systems and make better decisions with timely, accurate, and contextually relevant data.
What you'll do
- Work with partners across the company to understand the data needs and the underlying business strategy driving those needs.
- Help us develop a customer-centric vision, strategy, and roadmap for Data Platforms.
- Build a culture of data at Affirm across engineering, analytics, and commercial functions.
- Build processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively.
- Build highly effective and inclusive teams.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage optimally.
What we look for
- Consistent track record of developing highly impactful engineering teams, including senior ICs.
- Expertise in software engineering, and data engineering.
- Ability to build a positive and sustainable engineering culture.
- Customer orientation - you are highly motivated by understanding your customers needs and points of view.
- Highly effective at communicating across the organization, both verbally and in written form.
- Passionate about collaborating with teammates across engineering.
What you'll learn
Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust. In this role, you’ll understand the exciting challenges of helping a fast-growing company move towards a service-oriented architecture - diving into the scaling and availability challenges of infrastructural components that are the fundamental building blocks of a large scale system. You’ll hone your ability to anticipate and recognize how to apply different technologies to solve a wide array of real world problems across the organization - all while building teams and working cross functionally with talented peers.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.