Senior ETL Developer
About The Role
Yello is looking for a Sr. ETL Developer to join its Data Services team. As an ETL Developer, you will work cross-functionally with our Product and Front End Feature development teams to design and implement end-to-end data pipelines to support the reporting needs of our Enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to mentor other engineers on proper ETL design, dimensional modeling, and BI practices all while shaping the direction of a robust, multi-tenant, embedded reporting solution.
How You'll Make An Impact
You will play a pivotal role on a newly formed data team focused on building analytics and reporting for our client-partners.
- Design, architect, implement, and document new, scalable data pipelines for data warehousing
- Conduct ETL/ELT and ad hoc query performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Build unit tests, audit, and QA data and processes to ensure data quality and integrity throughout the data pipeline
- Design and implement interactive client-facing dashboards and reports
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of professional ETL/ELT development experience
- Proficiency in dimensional data modeling (Data Marts/Data Warehouses)
- Proficiency with distributed data processing (Spark highly preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience working with BI Tools & Advanced Analytics (Tableau, SiSense, etc)
- Experience working on an end-to-end reporting solution
- Experience using columnar store database a plus
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow
- Experience leading technical initiatives
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, etc)
- Understanding of Data Security and Privacy
- Experience using Agile methodologies
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time