Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
Our Senior Fraud Business Analyst works between the Fraud and Operations team, Legal, and senior management to monitor for fraud trends and mitigate issues using data.
You are the company's first line of defense against criminal activity; assisting in the prevention, detection, and reporting of suspicious activity and other unusual high-risk issues using a variety of tools, including Looker, Excel, Accertify, and SQL.
We are looking for you to bring your analytical expertise to improve our existing tools and drive significant impact to our business.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Write SQL queries to extract, transform, and aggregate data and provide key insights on performance and assist management in the early identification of fraud trends.
- Identify fraud patterns, create and track fraud metrics and implement accurate, data driven policies and review methodologies to prevent attacks.
- Conduct ROI analysis on fraud tools and services and use results to provide recommendations, reduce operations costs, and increase operations efficiency.
- Perform investigative analysis using SQL and Looker dashboard tools.
- Stay up to date on fraud prevention techniques and emerging trends.
- Improve and enhance database table structures and data collection methods to increase reporting efficiency.
How your role expectations will progress as a Sr. Fraud Business Analyst in the first 30, 60, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Finish front line analyst training to gain a better understanding of Accertifyand reviewing orders.
- Familiarize and understand daily processes of pulling chargebacks and creating associated reports.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Achieve thorough comprehension of Fraud team practices including but not limited to order reviews, authorizations, phone confirmations and cancelling orders.
- Attain complete knowledge of all relevant programs (Accertify) and systems (Looker, SQL).
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Perform analysis and create reports independently based on current fraud trends.
- Deliver tangible results that advance the business by reducing order review rate or improving chargeback performance.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years in an analytical role and a high proficiency with SQL.
- Experience identifying patterns and trends through data and applying practical solutions to business strategies.
- Familiarity with transaction monitoring systems and procedures (such as Accertify) is a plus.
- Expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation.
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first, elevating your team and ownership over outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.