Senior Insights Analyst at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, and San Francisco.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Senior Insights Analyst
As a Senior Insights Analyst you will leverage our proprietary data to discover insights that will drive business decision making and customer analytics. This is a unique opportunity to build out the function from scratch and partner with Data Engineering to refine data pipelines, create universal taxonomy, and work on our overall data strategy. After creating a solid understanding of our schema, you will partner closely with leadership teams across the business to uncover what questions the business needs answered. If you are incessantly curious, a great storyteller, a believer in driving action through data, and eager to dive into a quickly-growing company, we want to hear from you.How you’ll contribute
- Collaborate closely with the sales, marketing, product, and operations teams to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Develop and analyze key metrics for the health of our business
- Write SQL/Python/R queries to to run ad-hoc exploratory analyses to better understand product analytics and customer/user behavior
- Utilize data visualization tools to build self-serve dashboards to enable the rest of the organization to utilize our proprietary data to make better decisions
- ETL data from disparate systems into Snowflake to help create a central data warehouse for the business
- 3-5 years of experience analyzing data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Mastery of SQL and a strong understanding of data relationships
- Experience ETL data from disparate systems to centralized data warehouse
- Outstanding analytical ability, communication, and presentation skills
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.