Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Enterprise Technology Platform organization is seeking a highly skilled and cloud-native Machine Learning Engineer that has a passion for Data Science. Your role is to develop, test & operate reusable ML code patterns. You’ll provide support to the internal engineering, infrastructure, & Business Data Science teams to continuously improve & optimize our analytics.
- Work as part of a team of other Cloud Machine Learning engineers to design and build packages and automation scripts that enable data scientists and business analysts to easily consume cloud-native services.
- Technical point of contact for internal platforms teams as it relates to analytics,
- Data science and visualization
- Developing secure design patterns for analytics architectures deployed in the public cloud and/or orchestrated container environments.
- Develop container image lifecycle management systems
- Leads the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continuous improvement of cloud products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related experience
- In lieu of education experience, 6+ years of work experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related experience
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Deep learning, Visualization or related field
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Immutable Infrastructure, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R)
- Experience in version control systems such as Git, GitLab, etc.
- Experience administering & hardening Linux systems
- Familiarity with technical challenges associated with containers and distributed systems with a focus on analytics research environments.
- Experience with analytics tools (SAS, R, Scientific Python, H2o, SQL)
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Very strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with analytics tools (SAS, R, Scientific Python, H2o)
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- Experience within the Financial industry
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.