Senior Manager, Analytics Process Management (Advanced Analytics)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you ll find yourself in the company of some of the industrys smartest and most reliable professionals and at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Advanced Analytics has enterprise-wide oversight and responsibility for all aspects of technology related to model development, testing, and deployment. This position will lead the development of a next-generation framework to support coordination, communication, implementation, execution, and deployment of models across multiple business units.
The candidate will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering and Data Science and interact with partners in Credit Risk, Marketing for Card, Finance, Consumer Lending, Network, Banking Businesses and Business Technology.
- Designing and implementing a unified model governance and validation framework to standardize, automate, and deploy models for multiple business units.
- Overseeing a team of analytics process engineers as well as developers and infrastructure engineers who are building an underlying platform for data science efforts, and to assist in integrating this solution with the overall model governance and validation framework.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology and analytics.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies and align solution to meet our customer needs.
- Ability to set model governance and validation strategy and vision for the organization.
- Proven track record of developing junior employees in the area of model governance, process and workflow automation.
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts (AWS preferred).
- Experience leading transformation from traditional to next-gen data-analytic technology solutions.
- Bachelors Degree with 7+ years of experience, OR a Masters degree with 3+ years of experience in disciplines related to MIS, process engineering or business administration.
- Extensive experience in the areas of model governance, model management, credit risk management or analytics
- Proven experience in project management, understand complex business processes, risks, and controls. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
- Hands on experience with analytics tool stacks (Python, h2o, R, SAS) and database technologies (Data warehouses, relational databases, SQL).
- Prior experience using Atlassian JIRA for workflows and Agile projects.
- General experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Unix based operating systems, such as Linux and Git-based version control systems, such as GitHub.
- Familiarity with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, BIRT, SSRS, Qlikview, Spotfire.
- Proven ability to work in collaborative and team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization as well as internal and external customers and to communicate advanced topics to any audience.
- Experience within the Financial industry
- Experience in credit card/payments industry strongly preferred.
- PMP, LEAN/Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Prior process control/ process review/ internal audit experience preferred
- Prior experience in handling risk data, policies, and procedures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.