Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business driving HUGE change in the way the world works through the Upwork marketplace. You will make an immediate and lasting impact on the company as well as the team's mission of making Upwork the world’s safest and most trusted online workplace. As a leader in our analytics team you will play a critical role working with a cross-functional team to keep our marketplace safe and build a platform for future growth.
- Lead a team of analysts to identify trends, distill insights, and create models that contribute to delivering positive outcomes for clients and freelancers
- Understand the drivers of user trust of the platform and design programs that incentive behaviors that produce more good outcomes
- Guide and manage the work of analysts that explore large data sets, mine unstructured data to extract trends, and improves automation
- Provide clear and consistent recommendations, translating complex analyses into simple language
- Take on special projects in a player-coach role
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including data science, product, and engineering to translate requirements into technical specifications
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years managing a team of analysts
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytics role
- Strong SQL skills and experience handling large scale structured/unstructured data
- Ability to distill data into a story and present in a clear way
- Solid understanding of statistics and predictive analytics
- True curiosity and a desire to fully dissect a challenge
- Track record of working independently in a small team
How to really knock our socks off :
- Demonstrated passion for marketplaces
- Strong interest or previous experience in trust, risk, or security
- A strong motivation to protect our customers and our company
- Familiarity with either Python or R
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.