Senior Manager, Business and Market Intelligence at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is investing to build a Market and Strategic Insights team within our growing Strategic Growth function. This team will be responsible for incorporating market intelligence, data and insights to influence our strategic direction, and expand our capabilities in developing new market and client insights. These insights will help inform our firm’s positioning, uncover new opportunities and threats, shape our client and employee experience, report on progress against our strategic goals and use data to uncover new opportunities to shape the direction of our firm.
At first, the role will focus on working with our existing Market Intelligence professionals to build out our market intelligence capabilities. Over time, The Market and Strategic Insights Lead will be responsible for working with existing Market Intelligence and Data professionals to create and bring a unified vision for a combined insights team to life.
This person will have dual and equal responsibility for 1) leading a function that meets stakeholder needs, maturing and developing processes and tools and 2) roll-up their sleeves and perform research and analysis, providing insights to support recommendations to firm leadership.
We are looking for someone that brings passion and new ideas to the table and has a proven track record of developing functions and teams while also uncovering new insights to influence business decisions.
The right candidate has is a process-oriented person with outstanding interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, particularly for Executive audiences, and is comfortable and confident providing a data-driven point of view and recommendations to Senior Leadership. This person is recognized for leadership skills and inspiring and empowering talent. He/she will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Leadership Team of West Monroe, the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Information Officer, while reporting into the Strategy Team Lead.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Function Building and Team Management
- Develop and gain stakeholder buy-in to lead the integrated functional vision
- Build processes to operationalize the functional plan, contributing to efficiency and clarity within the function
- Build an ecosystem of partners for research and data needs; manage third party partners and vendors effectively
- Develop and manage the functional, BI and MI roadmap(s) prioritizing regularly across stakeholders – in particular among Business, Marketing and Strategic Growth needs
- Managing budget and tools to conduct the various analyses
- Continually identify process improvements, innovate, and advance insights to influence decision making, internal technology and processes
Business and Market Intelligence
- Deeply understand the consulting market and perform analysis to understand opportunities and threats within the market
- Deliver market insights, particularly related to client insights, to satisfy various market research needs throughout the firm
- Perform market research for strategic initiatives and special projects, as needed
- Ideate, analyze and implement net new business insight reports based on stakeholder needs
- A minimum of 15+ years relevant experience in the market intelligence, BI/Analytics, corporate strategy or similar insights driven role
- Experience building a successful market intelligence or BI/Analytics function from the ground up, including processes, deliverables, etc. ensuring solutions influence strategic decision making and meet business needs and requirements
- Led diverse, high performing teams in market intelligence and/or BI/Analytics
- Deep knowledge and subject matter proficiency in spotting emerging trends preferably with proficiency in emerging technologies
- Expert with research skills using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to tell a story and provide a point of view and recommendation using data to influence leaders, primarily C-level executives
- Successful track record of executing projects from start to finish (i.e., hands on research experience)
- A self-starter with high degree of autonomy, independence and executive presence; Self-direct management of multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships both internally and externally including analysts
- Experience working in a market research firm or leading market research for B2B business; strong understanding of the consulting industry and technology landscape preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, research, statistics, data science, or computer studies or other related field of study is preferred
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working for a Professional Services organization is a must
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.