Senior Manager Customer Loyalty & Insights at Walgreens
Manages team(s) responsible for developing and implementing protocols that impact the daily operational activities of the specified functional area of the Customer Loyalty & Insights operation. Accountable for the management of multiple sections of work, multiple teams or a major section of work within the Commerce operation. Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility.
- Accountable for the management of the daily operational activities that develop and implement multiple components / processes for a specified section of work or a major section of work within Customer Loyalty & Insights, such as Vendor Collaboration, Pricing & Promotions, Insights or Consumer Research. Leads the development of strategic recommendations to support stakeholder expectations for assigned area.
- Develops strategies for area of specified responsibility and works cross-functionally to create actionable goals to be implementing accordingly for expected/anticipated results. Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Advises and makes actionable recommendations to stakeholders on strategic initiatives related to area of expertise.
- Helps to define and translate business goals into viable short and long-range plans with actionable goals. Develops protocols to support improved or recommended processes. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations.
- Collaborates cross-functionally and shares information necessary to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans of the functional unit, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned functional area.
- May develop budget for functional area. Accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews and analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and may make recommendations/adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, consumer research, insights, vendor collaboration, inventory, category management and/or business analysis. OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, consumer research, insights, vendor collaboration, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience influencing stakeholders within an organization.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree OR MBA.