Senior Manager, Data Engineering & Architecture at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Technology (ET) team at Discover is looking for a Sr. Manager, Data Engineering & Architecture for our Payments business. In this role you will lead a group of Agile teams dedicated to pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. If you are equally adept at building and leading teams, managing and mentoring engineers, architecting and implementing cutting edge technology solutions, and managing production operations, this role is for you
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and motivate team members and stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to think strategically and creatively, and have the passion to drive adoption of analytical mindset across the organization.
Responsible for managing a team that delivers data-driven platforms and analytical technologies.
- Develops and enhances technology solutions to enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Designs and develops data ingestion and processes frameworks leveraging open-source tools.
- Designs and develops real-time processing solutions using open-source tools.
- Develops and manages a team that delivers data and analytic technologies.
- Consults team members during the design and development of projects.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Knowledge of software development, architecture design, methodologies and application lifecycle management tools and disciplines
- Analytical mindset for problem solving
- Understand quantitative data analysis methodologies
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!