Senior Manager, Data Science - Zoro at Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Zoro is looking for a talented leader to reinvent our data science discipline. As Senior Manager of Data Science on Zoro's analytics team, you will actively create and revise a roadmap for advanced analytics projects and initiatives. This position will manage a team of data scientists, with focus on mentorship and education in innovative testing, predictive modeling and AI. The ideal candidate will have successfully developed dynamic solutions using statistical, machine learning, and deep learning methodologies in a Big Data environment. They will own the end-to-end delivery process that encompasses research, design, testing, scaling and implementation.
Develop a team with state of the art capabilities within a sub stream of Data Science (e.g. Recommender Systems, Semantic Search, Resource Optimization Solutions etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and evolve vision and strategy of using machine learning, predictive modeling, optimization and data.
- Develop and implement proprietary machine learning algorithms and techniques to solve business problems.
- Create algorithms and processes for real-time personalization and segmentation modeling.
- Evangelize a test and learn strategy by creating a framework for testing initiatives from conception through final readout and become the testing subject matter expert throughout the organization
- Work with data sets of varying degrees of size and complexity, including both structured and unstructured data.
- Achieve results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals.
- Mentor, guide, and develop Data Scientists and Analysts within the team.
- Because a public voice for the data science practice at Zoro, including publishing articles and contributing to the data science community where appropriate.
- Bachelors degree with a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related quantitative field required, with a preference to graduate degrees.
- 5+ years of experience in predictive analytics or equivalent, including theoretical and practical experience with various machine learning techniques and statistical algorithms.
- 5+ years of advanced expertise with software such as Python, R, or similar, with demonstrated ability in manipulating data and drawing insights from data sets
- On-hand experience with a variety of ecommerce related models, examples being customer churn, customer retention, cross-sell/upsell, onsite search algorithms, incrementality modeling and testing, marketing mix modeling, and promotions forecasting.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Extensive experience in leading teams and cross functional projects.
- Proven knowledge of advanced technique such as GLM, GAM, Machine Learning algorithms, decision tress, etc.
- Advanced knowledge about business in general and in depth experience with ecommerce and retail business strategies.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team of data scientists.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.