Senior Manager Data Science at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
· Provide thought leadership & strategic thinking to solve business problems by leveraging techniques such as segmentation, optimization, advanced analytics. This role will closely monitor performance metrics and KPIs to ensure goals are met and course correct as necessary.
· Manage a large team of high performing quantitative analysts and/or managers and will be responsible for ensuring the team stays motivated and engaged. He/she will manage team performance, coach and develop employees and hire the right talent. This role will identify, prioritize and supervise the team to flawlessly execute on initiatives, set strategic direction for the team on analytic initiatives as well as develop analytic core capability development that enable better decision making and nimble action.
· Manage a team dedicated to building analytics insights for the contact center operations to support the work of Discover front line, partnering with dedicated customer experience teams outside of our organization, as appropriate
How You’ll Do It
· Provide thought leadership & strategic thinking to translate business problem into analytical framework(s) and independently recommend actions and provide business insights. Lead the development and implementation of advanced analytics including customer segmentation, optimization, prescriptive analytics, algorithm & recommendation to solve business problems.
· Operate as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application and financial impact analysis.
· Establish and maintain effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, proposes, designs and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
· Recruit, train, coach and develop talent to their full potential with exceptional quantitative/analytical competencies, as well as project management skill and leadership skills. Manage and set priorities of analyst, assign projects and allocate resource, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners.
· Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations. Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creates visual displays of quantitative information. Facilitate implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
· Ensure standard work processes and documentation requirements are timely and consistently followed by team. Encourage continuous improvement of team processes and share across functional teams to ensure consistency.
Qualifications You’ll Need
· Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
· 8+ years of experience in Data Science, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, or related field
· 2+ years of experience in People Management
Bonus Points If You Have
· Master’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
· 6+ years of experience in Data Science, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.