Senior Manager Data Science
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing thought leadership & strategic thinking to solve business problems by leveraging techniques such as segmentation, optimization, advanced analytics and machine learning. This role will closely monitor performance metrics and KPIs to ensure goals are met and course correct as necessary. Manages a large team of high performing quantitative analysts and/or managers and will be responsible for ensuring the team stays motivated and engaged. He/she will manage team performance, coach and develop employees and hire the right talent. This role will identify, prioritize and supervise the team to flawlessly execute on initiatives, set strategic direction for the team on analytic initiatives as well as develop analytic core capability development that enable better decision making and nimble action.
- Provides thought leadership & strategic thinking to translate business problem into analytical framework(s) and independently recommend actions and provide business insights. Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics including customer segmentation, optimization, prescriptive analytics and machine learning algorithm & recommendation to solve business problems.
- Operates as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application and financial impact analysis.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, proposes, designs and implements tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
- Recruits, trains, coaches and develops talents to their full potential with exceptional quantitative/analytical competencies, as well as project management skill and leadership skills. Manages and sets priorities of analyst, assign projects and allocate resource, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations. Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creates visual displays of quantitative information. Facilitate implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Ensures standard work processes and documentation requirements are timely and consistently followed by team. Encourages continuous improvement of team processes and share across functional teams to ensure consistency.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Data Science, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling or related field
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Data Science, Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling or related field
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.