Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a leader in the growing Strategic Growth function, the Senior Manager of Strategy will have the opportunity to lead and develop the firm’s long-term strategic growth plans and competitive strategy, while also developing a team and function under their leadership.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with firm leadership to formulate our long-term strategic plan, analyses and recommendations and ensure we meet our Strategic goals through successful translation, implementation, and execution of the Strategy over time. This is a new role, so we are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable with ambiguity and change and wants to build new processes from the ground-up to influence the direction of the firm. This is a player-coach role, where the individual will roll up their sleeves to develop strategies, but also comes with the opportunity to lead, mentor and build a team of junior resources.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, strategic planning, and project management with experience in developing and operationalizing new processes within an organization. Ideal skills include strong analytical skills, ability to turn data into insights, a passion for collaborating and influencing across multiple stakeholders, outstanding interpersonal skills, and strong process orientation. He/she will have the opportunity to work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and the Executive Committee of West Monroe while reporting into the Director of Strategy and Strategic Growth.
Please note that this is an internal, strategy role within Shared Services.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy development and strategic plan that underpins our firmwide competitive strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities that may shift or shape our firm’s competitive strategy by analyzing internal and external insights, industry, competitive context, macro trends
- Identify breakthrough organic and inorganic growth opportunities, including new market entry and value creation opportunities that help shape organic and inorganic growth plans
- Develops, evolves and monitors firmwide strategic KPIs, draws insights from analyzing internal data to identify and recommend any necessary adjustments, key risks and mitigation actions and helps prioritize areas of strategic investment (or divestment)
- Mobilizes and leads business case development and financial/value creation modeling for major initiatives; ensures successful hand-off to execution teams
- Collaborates with leadership to ensure business unit strategic plans reflect organizational strategic priorities
- Partner with Corporate Development team to define inorganic growth strategy and roadmap
- Design, develop and lead enterprise strategic planning efforts, including Executive Strategy meetings and retreats
- Partner with Communications and People teams to ensure effective communication of Strategy to Executive Leadership, investors and firm
- Function and Team Leadership & Development
- Play a critical role in leading the Strategy function and team operations, budgeting and resource allocation, ensuring alignment of team priorities to firm priorities
- Stand-up and formalize Strategy processes, methodology and artifacts
- Build out team and develop direct reports through coaching, performance feedback, effective performance assessments, and establishing performance and development plans
- Build trusted advisor relationships with internal executive leaders
- Must have a minimum 10+ years of work experience, with tenure as a consultant, and managing projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Solid Microsoft Office Word skills
- Experiencing developing competitive strategies and enabling their execution
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, considering it an opportunity to build something and have an impact
- Experience designing and standing up internal processes
- Ability to lead teams by influence, activating others to execute and drive results by collaborating across functions in a matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for stakeholder management, and relationship building
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast pace environment
- Ability to effectively work in group environment
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated initiative and persistence
- A high degree of independence and executive presence
- Strong communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations
- High level of maturity in a highly visible role with access to confidential information
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
So, if you're looking for an opportunity to flex your Strategy muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we'd love to hear from you.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.