Senior Marketing Data Analyst
Our vision is to ignite a new product revolution by bringing manufacturing capability into the hands of millions of people. To do this we are building accessible tools to help makers generate income from their work. The tools we build are software and hardware products designed to help businesses do their own manufacturing cost effectively. Our revolutionary, web-based Easel software is easy to use, whether you are new to designing products or familiar with CNC software. When you’re ready to carve, our X-Carve machine empowers users to create products out of a variety of materials ranging from beautiful hardwoods to colorful acrylics.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Inventables is hiring a Senior Marketing Data Analyst to accurately collect, analyze and report on Growth Marketing metrics that help to drive strategic growth decision-making. We are looking for a forward thinking individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to measure and analyze relevant touchpoints in the customer lifecycle journey from acquisition to conversion to growth to churn, and provide business recommendations for improvement. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Operations and Finance to build a comprehensive data map on how Marketing impacts or is impacted by these departments.
This role will report to the Director of Growth Marketing.
- Help Growth Marketing quickly arrive at good conclusions to important product and business questions
- Leverage relevant data to plan marketing initiatives and regularly track, evaluate, and report on metrics/ROI against KPIs and adjust as needed in response to metrics and other key data
- Identify the need for - and execute - helpful derived tables and data products to answer key business questions
- Own data collection, analysis and reporting for all relevant metrics in our customer lifecycle journey:
- Review the efficacy of our paid advertising campaigns in being able to drive bookings at a desired CPA
- Budget and forecast ad spend vs. revenue return
- Analyze SEO efforts in driving organic traffic
- Continuously audit the touchpoints within our ecommerce funnel to ensure we’re making optimizations that increase our prospect to customer conversion rate
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs to SaaS product usage to conversions
- Monitor the impact of our product marketing initiatives to increase bookings from existing customers
- Monitor, analyze and optimize customer lifetime value
- Understand the factors that impact churn and measure, and report on the efficacy of our product marketing efforts to reduce this
Data presentation and communication
- Build marketing reports and dashboards to provide visibility and insights into marketing and sales data and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Empower teammates to make use of data independently, when possible
- Validate that your data sources are accurate and collaborate with various stakeholders to clean dirty data and/or setup proper data collection processes
- Work cross-functionally with disparate data sets across Product, Operations and Finance to build a comprehensive data map on how Marketing impacts or is impacted by these departments.
Frameworks and modeling
- Build financial forecasting models based on ad spend, conversion optimizations and historical data
- Devise meaningful and sound experiments related to core business metrics, especially engagement, marketing effectiveness, and revenue growth
- Employ predictive modeling and/or machine learning to power effective user recommendations and predictions
- Develop a deep business understanding to help enhance financial and marketing models, such as LTV predictions, CAC trends, and churn probabilities
- Solid track record of achieving and exceeding goals in fast-paced environments.
- 5+ years in marketing / digital data analysis, including customer journey/funnel metrics.
- Strong knowledge base in all facets of marketing analytics (data capture, measurement, reporting and translation into business and/or behavioral insights).
- Demonstrated analytical ability with digital measurement, particularly with complex and abstract business problems. Strong quantitative analysis skills with an aptitude for mining large data sets.
- Natural ability to effectively communicate results/implications both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience thinking strategically, structurally solving and driving execution.
- Highly-proactive, self-starter capable of effectively managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Passion for cross-functional collaboration and comfort in the spotlight of high-visibility initiatives.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics.
- Experience with SQL and a data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working for a high-growth SaaS company
- High-tech, start-up, rapid growth and/or publicly traded company experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, finance or technical discipline.
- Google Analytics Certified
- Proficiency with various statistical methods for model building
BENEFITS & PERKS
- BCBS Health Insurance
- 401(k) program with 4% company match
- Annual “exploration budget” to feed your curiosity
- Annual “creative project budget” to help you stay creative
- Excellent Parental Leave Policy
- Flexible Accrued Vacation ("Take what you need" vacation policy)
- Unlimited snacks + weekly team lunches
- Workshop / Makerspace Access
We value the things that make us different and believe a diverse company drives innovation. Inventables provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.