The Claims Operations team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to optimize the efficiency and visibility of our Claims Department. This role focuses on maintaining performance dashboards and completing ad-hoc research requests. Analysts work closely with Claims leadership, Data Engineers, and the Product team, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must!If you love fast paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing.
- Own the ETL build process to create new tables within our reporting schema
- Optimize existing SQL queries and other analytics products
- Design, build, and maintain a suite of business intelligence tools to monitor Claims performance
- Perform exploratory analysis and identify opportunities for improvement across our entire Claims organization
- Communicate recommendations with data driven support to senior leaders, both written and orally
- Facilitate growth and development within the analytics area by periodically mentoring, peer-reviewing, and pairing with other Analysts
What we’re looking for.
- 2+ years’ work experience in an analytics role
- Strong math/statistics skills
- Experience writing and validating complex SQL queries
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with a scripting language (i.e. Python or R)
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience in the automobile insurance industry or operational reporting
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.