Senior Operations Analyst
Want to use your analytical skills to help local businesses thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
As the Senior Analytics and Operations Analyst, you will play a key role in the Global Services Organization. By working closely with our customer experience teams and supporting overall data analytics for the GSO, you will primarily focus on customer refunds and contacts in North America. You will also be expected to be a part of the data and reporting authority in the GSO and help drive continuing automation of dashboards and report views. You will have significant exposure to the senior leadership team, influencing VP-level decisions on policy.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
- Partner with GSO peers working hand-in-hand to build scalable solutions and insights to complex problems, rooted in data and analytics
- Support the monthly and weekly refund & contacts reviews
- Monitor and evaluate refund and contact performance at the following levels: aggregate business, individual agents, reason for request and customer segmentation
- Act as a reporting and data subject matter expert for the NA Customer Experience team
- Provide data analysis and build data dashboards based on business requirements
- Lead and prioritize operational improvement efforts through data-centric analysis, engaging with cross-functional teams to share best practices (sales, risk, finance)
We're excited about you if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent required
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of dimensional modelling and reporting solutions
- You're deeply analytical, with advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, and other relational databases; you're familiar with building/modifying advanced SQL code including subqueries, temporary tables, and aggregation
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with precise attention to detail
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and have delivered results while juggling multiple projects
- Problem-solving skills, project management expertise and strategic vision
- Bonus points if you have experience or familiarity with e-commerce or retail environments
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.