Senior Oracle DBA
Job Description Summary
CCC is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator having experience in leading database projects to join our dynamic team.
The DBA will use expert level knowledge of Oracle database and data design technologies to install, maintain, upgrade and support mission-critical databases that support CCC's business.
The right candidate should be a highly motivated, flexible, and organized individual excited to learn and grow in their field as well as adjacent fields in a fast-paced, large IT organization
- Understand CCC's business systems, and impacts of infrastructure on business operations
- Install, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, test, and support Oracle database technologies
- Ensure that database systems are implemented to meet CCC's internal and external standards and service level requirements
- Ensure databases are replicated and backed up to meet CCC's operational and disaster recovery requirements
- Perform database hygiene and maintenance to ensure optimum performance & availability
- Provide problem solving expertise and coordination as required across all technologies implemented at CCC
- Participate in 24x7 DBA support on-call rotation
- Tune databases and database queries for optimal performance
- Document database designs and related processes
- Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members
- Effectively lead cross-discipline projects through completion
- Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle (11g, ASM, RAC, Exadata)
- Strong working experience with Oracle Goldengate replication
- Expert level skills in database installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Strong technical skills in database tuning, performance management, database reorganization, data replication and database backup and recovery
- Strong SQL and Linux scripting skills
- Project management and team coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with other database technologies in addition to Oracle is a plus (e.g. SQL, Sybase)
- Proven ability to coach and mentor junior level DBAs
- Experience with Hadoop Administration is a plus
- Application design and development experience is a plus
- Experience using Oracle cloud, Amazon EC2, or similar cloud-based vendors to host Oracle is a plus
- Assumes total responsibility for work assigned and delivers on commitments
- Takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of the computing environment
- Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic marketplace
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.