Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Senior Principal Business Analyst
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role will be a key part of the Money Movement Team of Deposits and will be responsible on leading multiple Payments related initiatives. Knowledge of the payment industry with special focus on ACH is essential for success.
Responsible for leading the formulation of the business requirements, system scope and objectives for multiple, complex projects based on the organization's business plan and industry requirements. Partners with leaders to ensure all requirements are identified and incorporated into projects. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Understands, articulates, and implements best practices on business system projects.
Leads the analysis and design of business systems for multiple, complex projects. Ensures requirements for all stakeholders impacted by the business change are captured. Leads a partnership with cross-functional subject matter experts in order to ensure an understanding of key risks related to requirements. Diagnoses business needs, develops requirements, plans the system development, creates and implements a test plan, provides ongoing project oversight during the development phase, and compares the delivered solution against the original specifications. Works with the stakeholders to ensure operational readiness and roll out of the initiatives.
· Acts as the lead negotiator between IT and the business. Applies specialized professional knowledge, skills, and expertise gained through advanced study and training to develop solutions to analytical, commercial, operational, process, or technological problems.
· Serves as a subject matter expert on multiple and highly complex business activities. Cultivates and maintains collaborative partnerships with business partners. Mentors staff and provides expert knowledge on business-system projects.
· Develops solutions that enhance, optimize, and automate existing processes and ongoing business processes.
· Spearheads the development and execution of the operational readiness plan to ensure a smooth launch.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, Project Management, Finance, or related field
· 6+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Scrum Master, Finance or related field
· In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Scrum Master, Finance, or related field
· Knowledge of Payments industry especially focusing on ACH, NACHA guidelines and working knowledge of Real Time Payments
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· 8+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Scrum Master, Finance, or related field
· AAP certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.