Senior Procurement Analyst at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Join Grubhub's growing Procurement function and execute on the vision to drive value and supply optimization within our Care and Operations Departments. From developing and implementing departmental and vendor strategies, to working with an array of stakeholders - junior to senior leadership, your role plays an integral part in continuing to advance Grubhub forward. The Procurement function is responsible for managing Grubhub's supplier spend and contracts, collaborating with business stakeholders to identify opportunities and execute on strategic priorities, and optimize the value within our supply base. This role reports to the Procurement Operations Manager, and sits within Grubhub's Finance group.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, analytical in nature, highly driven and a strong communicator.
- Work autonomously with functional business stakeholders to understand priorities, and category and supply requirements
- Demonstrate proactive, strategic, forward thinking; self-starter
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of business stakeholders - Junior to Leadership resources - to identify cost savings and business opportunities
- Manage multiple projects / work streams in parallel to day-to-day activities
- Coordinate supplier proposal analysis for new strategic relationships and recurring contract renewals
- Lead communications and negotiations with a wide array of suppliers
- Conduct research and identify potential new suppliers
- Work with our Legal team to drive contracts towards completion; analyze and advise on key business terms
- Develop category strategies through market analysis and trends
- Enhance ongoing supplier management and Procurement activities to mitigate value leakage
- Analyze our supply chain and identify time and cost efficiencies
What You Bring to the Table
- BA / BS
- 3+ years of specific Procurement experience
- Firm understanding of Procurement principles / processes, basic strategies and negotiation experience
- Strong experience managing RFx activities and/or program management
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and GSuite (Docs, etc.,) skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]