Root is seeking a Senior Procurement Analyst to support vendor relationships across the business by setting a high bar for optimization and driving processes through to completion. We’ll need a highly analytical, creative problem solver who is ready to jump right in and work with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. This position will involve strategic sourcing primarily related to software/IT products, but this person should be ready to lead the process for a wide variety of categories as needed by the business. The best person for the role will exhibit a high level of ownership and empathy when it comes to fulfilling business needs while balancing those needs with a smart financial approach.
Reports to: Director of Procurement & Finance Operations
What you'll be doing
- Supports the development, planning and execution of category management strategies
- Collaborates with the business to establish a vendor risk and performance management framework
- Supports the sourcing activities for categories under management
- Partners with business units to manage and optimize vendor spend, service, and quality
- Supports sourcing and contract negotiations
- Collaborates with business and finance to operational the budget
- Supports continuous innovation and improvement in procurement programs
- Tracks and reports key performance metrics to inform strategic decision-making regarding the vendor landscape
- Develops and maintains effective business partner relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- 2+ years demonstrated procurement experience; experience in financial services and/or fast-paced technology environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with analytical focus and/or procurement, supply chain, program management and/or relevant industry certifications
- Tech-savvy with a strong interest and proven success in vendor management
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator; ability to partner with business partners through change management and sharing the “why” behind processes
- Approaches problem solving with natural intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of contracts management, and negotiation terms
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.