Senior Product Analyst at Flexport
As a Sr. Product Analyst, you’ll be a primary thought partner to product and engineering leaders on everything data. You will be integral to the end-to-end product development process: from informing product requirements to evaluating the impact of our products post-launch. Most importantly, you’ll help to drive a culture of product development in which technology teams are endlessly curious, ask great questions, and are reliably able to answer these questions quickly, easily, and accurately.You will:
- Partner with product teams to advise on product direction and strategy, roadmaps, feature prioritization, metrics and goals, feature prioritization, and user journeys, and to accelerate decision making.
- Lead advanced, ad-hoc analytics projects to understand user behavior and long-term trends to identify opportunities for improving user acquisition, engagement, experience, value, and retention
- Define core product and feature metrics and develop reporting and self-serve experiences in Looker and Amplitude to guarantee consistent and efficient access to these metrics
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Analytics Engineering to ensure proper tracking and instrumentation of new product initiatives and features
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Flexport by defining standards and practices for how product groups work with data and providing a strong voice for a data-informed point of view
- Manage the design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments and develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation across all product teams
- Collaborate with UX research to design and evaluate surveys and surface quantitative insights on customer experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at Flexport to share best practices, insights and innovations
- Languages: SQL (Snowflake), Python
- BI: Looker, Snowsight
- Transformation: dbt
- Instrumentation: Amplitude, Snowplow
- Orchestration: Airflow
- 5+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Demonstrated experience with modern BI Tools: Looker (preferred), Tableau, Power BI, Mode, Sisense, or Superset
- Experience with data transformation and orchestration tooling (dbt strongly preferred)
- Expert-level SQL and familiarity with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- Extensive experience with event-tracking tools like Amplitude (preferred), Mixpanel, Heap, and Snowplow, with proven experience in defining and managing the implementation and governance of these tools
- Experience presenting findings to business partners across the organization, including executive leadership
- Solid understanding of customer-centric digital product analysis
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- A foundational understanding of statistical techniques such as regression, predictive modeling, forecasting, time series analysis, and clustering and apply those to answer business needs
- Laser focused on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done.
- Charismatic storyteller ready to lead growth conversations with senior leadership.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You're motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities.
- Seasoned analyst: We’re looking to add a senior individual contributor leader to our team, ready to mentor junior analysts.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.