WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Senior Quantitative Researcher
IMC Trading is seeking a Senior Quantitative Researcher to join the options quant team. You will join the team as a senior member with the expectation of leading projects and mentoring juniors. Skills and responsibilities listed below.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Ms or PhD in a highly quantitative field
- At least 5 years in financial services or a quantitative environment
- Experience in project or people management
- Strong programming skills, Python, Java or C++ preferred
- Proven success in quantitative modelling and algorithm development
- You have experience with options pricing
- Collaborate with the trading and quantitative research team to evaluate existing algorithms
- Combine knowledge of systems, mathematical techniques and trading to identify the best places to improve our trading system
- Rapidly research, test, and prototype new algorithmic ideas, preferably with Python.
- See through the high-quality implementation of ideas to full-scale production trading.
- Mentor graduate quantitative researchers
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.