Senior Risk Manager
IMC – Where Technology Drives Trading
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Risk Management at IMC
IMC is currently looking for a Senior Risk Manager to be a part of the US Risk Management Team. Our risk management team operates closely with the trading and technology teams in order to manage the inherent risks in IMC’s trading strategies across various technologies. We are looking for someone who can bring risk management and technical expertise while at the same time a critical, quantitative and proactive hands-on approach. It will be your challenge to support the risk assessment and management responsibilities for market, credit, liquidity, operational, and regulatory risks. In addition, you will be responsible for the technical implementation of various risk management intraday monitoring tools and reports. The role will also include performing large scale data-analysis for research and statistical analysis. To excel in this role you will use your experience, analytical skills, and technical ability to add value, not bureaucracy to the business.
Senior Risk Manager
As a Senior Risk Manager at IMC, you’ll assist in managing the day-to-day risk management functions including monitoring and analyzing market, credit, operational, and liquidity risks. You’ll also:
- Identify and manage the risks in IMC’s existing and new trading strategies across various exchange-traded asset classes including index, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and single name equities
- Monitor intraday and overnight market risk at both the portfolio and single product levels and discuss key exposures with trading desks
- Analyze financial market developments and help build, revise, and enhance risk methodologies and processes for IMC’s trading strategies
- Develop and enhance real-time risk monitoring and reporting tools for IMC’s key risks while ensuring that the team’s technical solutions are robust and high quality
- Partner with software development, data engineering, and trading support team members to propose and implement solutions within trading and support team related software
- Collaborate with global risk, trading, and software development team members to design and employ risk controls in IMC’s execution and strategy software solutions
- Assess and challenge potential solutions to complex business processes associated with operational and technology risk
- Contribute to risk management’s risk control self-assessment through analyzing potential impact and likelihood of risk events
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the financial risk management field with a strong quantitative and technical background
- Experience with analyzing and managing the risks associated with a portfolio of equities, futures, and options
- Detailed knowledge of exchange-traded derivative products with an emphasis on their risk characteristics
- Strong technical skills with extensive knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (SQL, Hadoop, Python, Business Intelligence packages or similar)
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to key business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic background in quantitative fields such as statistics, financial mathematics, or computer science
Who We Are:
IMC is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.