At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Senior Software Engineer architects, designs, implements and tests cloud native software while consistently applying best practice software engineering.
The Data Grid Team:
Join our Data Grid Engineering group where we specialize in Organizing Data and Discovering the Truth faster and more efficiently. Our team is responsible storing, retrieving, and searching vast amounts of data efficiently by leveraging the latest technologies.
As part of the Data Grid team, you will be dealing with these unique challenges of storing, retrieving and indexing tremendous amount of data at blazing speeds.
You will be working with diverse set of technologies such as .NET, Azure, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL. If an opportunity to deal with big-data, solve complex scalability, and performance challenges, and to learn an exciting set of technologies on a secure SaaS platform excites you, then this is the right team for you.
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- High-impact contributions and technical guidance to an agile software development team that solves complex problems to regularly ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Act as mentor to other team members and be a go-to technical expert in the relevant technology
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Being a dependable and highly skilled team member that is a role model for others and a source of knowledge and inspirations for them
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing architecture and design documentation including requirements, test strategies, component, sequence and class diagrams
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to ensure defect prevention over detection
- Object-oriented analysis (OOA), object-oriented design (OOD), and object-oriented programming (OOP) applying SOLID principles and design patterns in Java or C++ or C#.
- Experience designing and implementing high performant streaming data platforms in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Experience maintaining and improving Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflows
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 7+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.