Senior Software Engineer (Data) at Morningstar
Architect, develop, and maintain new data models, database schemas, procedures, and processes (10%). Architect, create, re-organize, and maintain new and existing ETL processes for B2B data synchronization and warehousing (10%). Provide database reporting, monitoring, and support, as well as SQL performance analysis and optimization (10%). Responsible for upgrading the databases and applying security standards to databases (30%). Architect and migrate the databases to Cloud providers like Amazon (40%). This position requires intermittent annual international travel (less than 5%).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely related Engineering field.
· 5 years of experience as Developer, Software Engineer, or in a related position.
· 5 years of design and development experience with relational database management systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
· 5 years of experience with design of new transactional and new analysis schemas.
· 5 years of experience with design, development, and organization of new ETL processes.
· 5 years of experience in creating Stored Procedures and Functions.
· 5 years of experience with supporting ETL jobs in production.
· 5 years of experience in working with RDBMS technologies like SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza etc.
· 3 years of experience with Bash.
· 3 years of experience in deploying and automating ETL processes in Production.
· 3 years of experience in fine tuning the ETL processes and Stored Procedures for better performances.
· 1 year of experience with ETL tools (SQL Server Integration Services, Informatica, or other).
· 1 year of experience with DBA.
· Understanding of AWS concepts, including RDS, EC2, DynamoDB, and S3.
· Understanding of PowerShell Scripting.
· Understanding of Database automated deployment technologies.