Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Merchant Risk Engineering team’s mission is to deliver a robust merchant approval and risk monitoring platform for the timely, transparent, and consistent assessment of merchant risk throughout the merchant lifecycle. This team works in close partnership with our product managers and risk teams to effectively onboard merchants and build automated risk tools in order to minimize losses post-onboarding. Affirm’s stated goal is to build the largest network as measured by the number of users and merchants; a strong merchant risk capability is key to growing the merchant side of the network equation.
We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help build this team in Poland. Come join us!What you'll do
- Design, develop, and deploy a platform for assessing the legitimacy of any merchant. Scale the platform to onboard millions of merchants while minimizing losses resulting from fraudulent merchants.
- Build tools for our Risk team to enable (1) prompt risk management (2) human-in-the-loop learning, and (3) control merchant fraud losses.
- Partner with Analyst, Data Science, and Product engineering teams to build production machine learning models; your models will decide which merchants we onboard to the Affirm platform in real time
- Develop our understanding of new data sources and how they may improve our existing processes
- Work closely with Affirm’s credit, risk, marketing, and analytics teams to understand our performance modeling strategies and the business drivers underlying those strategies
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the application and implementation of machine learning across Affirm
- B.S. with 4+ years of industry experience, M.S. with 3+ years, PhD with 2+ years, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency writing production-quality software in the development of real-time services
- Strong foundation in machine learning with experience implementing and optimizing machine learning models, preferably industry engineering experience with machine learning projects (e.g. recommendation, ranking, optimization)
- Deep understanding and experience with data engineering, data analysis, and statistical modeling
- Hands on experience with Python, Spark, XGBoost, Airflow, Kubernetes, and AWS (EC2, EMR, EKS, etc) a plus
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better, while developing a deeper understanding of applied machine learning
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 15,808 - 23,716 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle and family planning
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.