Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Ability to focus on several moderately complex business activities. Demonstrates subject matter expertise by advancing more technical concepts unique to the role, problem-solving, and analysis. Regularly engages with business partners or auditors to facilitate an understanding of transactions and activities. Assesses the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment over the areas of responsibility. Requires a moderate degree of judgement for the appropriate application of Corporate Policy, GAAP, Regulation, or established framework. Regularly makes evaluations of facts and circumstances and is able to effectively communicate conclusions and recommendations for remediation or process improvements. Able to advance responsibilities and/or priorities largely independent of management oversight.
- Works and communicates with internal stakeholders and external auditors on SOX matters, including coordination of quarterly and annual certifications, scoping and testing efforts, and issue identification, isolation, and remediation for the audit of the company's internal controls over financial reporting.
- Leads process walk-throughs with functional business partners, ensuring that flowcharts, narratives, and control design documentation meet internal and professional standards, are aligned with the COSO 2013 framework, and is available to key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Participates in the annual planning of the company’s SOX compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality, significant accounts disclosures, establish milestones of key SOX activities, etc.).
- Works with functional business areas to analyze and evaluate control deficiencies, develops remediation plans, and quickly analyzes the impact to the financial statements and the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Prepares documentation supporting conclusions on the operating effectiveness of the company's internal controls over financial reporting, ensuring that the work papers meet internal and professional standards, are aligned with the COSO 2013 framework, and is available to key stakeholders as appropriate.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Public Accounting, Internal Audit
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Public Accounting, Internal Audit
- Certified Internal Auditor Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.