Senior SQL DBA at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
CCC is seeking a dynamic Senior SQL Server DBA having experience in all aspects of administering SQL Server databases including: installation, maintenance, tuning, performance analysis, backup/recovery, security and high availability.
The right candidate should be passionate about data and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a senior member of the team, you will be tasked with maintaining the current SQL Server landscape while always remaining forward looking as the SQL footprint expands. This position will be joining the DBA team and be responsible for the full life cycle of all SQL Server architecture, installations, monitoring, and availability of the SQL Server environments.
- Understand CCC's business systems and impacts of infrastructure on business operations
- Install, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and support SQL Server database technologies
- Ensure that database systems are implemented to meet CCC's internal and external standards and service level requirements
- Ensure databases are replicated and backed up to meet CCC's operational and disaster recovery requirements
- Perform database hygiene and maintenance to ensure optimum performance & availability
- Provide problem solving expertise and coordination as required across all implemented technologies
- Tune databases and database queries for optimal performance
- Document database designs and related processes
- Fulfill availability and service level objectives associated with database systems
- Participate in 24x7 DBA support on-call rotation
- Participate in technical incident calls to restore service related to application and infrastructure problems in production environments under time-bound situations
- Evaluate and recommend database tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in SQL Server database administration (2008R2-2017)
- Minimum 6+ years’ information systems experience in a large enterprise systems environment supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- Demonstrate ability to complete projects both independently and in cooperation with co-workers
- Strong understanding of Windows OS features and capabilities (2003-2016)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multiple disciplines
- Strong database installation, maintenance, and upgrade skills
- Experience with SQL and scripting skills
- Experience installing and configuring Always On SQL Server environments
- Experience in using Solarwinds DPA, RedGate, or similar monitoring tools
- Experience with SSIS / SSRS is a plus
- Experience with other database technologies including Oracle is preferred
- One year of cloud-based experience using vendors such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience migrating SQL Server from on-prem to the cloud is a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!