Senior SQL Server DBA
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a wildly successful Enterprise Software as a Service growing at an exceptional rate. Origami has been consistently ranked the #1 Risk Management Information System (RMIS) in the industry’s most comprehensive study for the past 4 years. Founded by industry veterans committed to bringing new ideas and advanced features to the Risk and Insurance market, Origami Risk’s innovative software is designed with the latest technology and a focus on performance and ease-of-use. It features powerful workflow, advanced reporting and analysis tools, and intuitive features to improve productivity and better manage costs throughout the Risk and Insurance industry.
Making a Difference
We have an immediate opening for a Database Administrator to join our growing IT Operations team. The position will be based in our Chicago, Atlanta, or Denver office.
- Day-to-day data administration of SQL server in a clustered environment.
- Document complex installation, configuration, and optimization procedures so they can be automated.
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases.
- Ensure databases are backed up and can be recovered.
- Other duties as needed to support Data Architects and Developers.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA
- Experience running query analysis, performance tuning, and maintenance routines
- Experience with creating and maintaining stored procedures
- Experience with database clustering (FCI or Always On Availability Groups)
- Familiar with basic Windows administration
- Experience working in an AWS environment is a plus but not required
- Python and Powershell experience is a plus but not required
A successful candidate will demonstrate communication skills, strong technical skills, intelligence and drive. Risk management and insurance expertise is a plus but not required.
A successful candidate must have aptitude to quickly learn, apply new technologies, and must be able to work in a self-driven manner within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background check, a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to be considered for the position. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Origami Risk is a drug-free work place. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V