Senior SQL Server DBA at TransUnion
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A team that values an entrepreneurial spirit, a proactive intellectual curiosity, and a thirst for learning and ability to think outside of the box.
- An opportunity to make a major impact by being a part of a variety of projects in a matrix environment and recognized for the work you deliver.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience providing 24x7 production support on a rotation schedule
- Detailed knowledge of SQL Server internals and experience with backup and recovery of SQL Server databases
- Experience designing, implementing, tuning and maintaining SQL Server Availability Groups for highly available OLTP systems
We’d love to see:
- Ability to communicate well and work effectively with clients and IT management and staff
- Experience in performance tuning with high data volumes
- Experience with VLDBs (very large databases)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Replication
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience with SQL Server database technologies
Impact you’ll make:
- Support a growing environment of VLDBs supporting key customer-facing applications.
- Engage in special projects to solve key problems facing the department.
- Improve operational efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.