Senior Strategy & Business Analytics Architect/Advisor at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Strategy & Business Analytics Architect/Advisor to join our Transaction Services–Data Engineering & Analytics Practice and deliver on technology M&A due diligence projects. The data scientist/AI Advisor will partner with other Transaction Services advisors/architects (Cloud, Cyber, Software Engineering, infrastructure) and executive client stakeholders to provide assessment solutions and tech advisory across a variety of industries, including Private Equity, High-Tech & Software, Healthcare, and Financial Services. As a technology agnostic firm, they will also have the chance to continuously expand their skillset while working with cutting edge tools, platforms, and frameworks. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our newly formalized (but long existing) technology M&A offering and lead strategic enterprise projects, advanced analytics due diligences, post-merger integrations, and carve-out advisory engagements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, Transaction Services’ consultants from other competencies (i.e., Software Engineering, Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity) in support of holistic, tech due diligence assessments for client M&A activity and identify growth and remediation opportunities through analysis of existing data and analytics systems, business processes and data monetization opportunities.
- Assess underlying technology/libraries/tooling landscape within enterprise organizations to make recommendations to strategic investors on improving market readiness, achieving long-term scalability, and/or reducing operational cost
- Formulate strategic investment summaries, key risk mitigation analyses, and long-term technology-based strategy for both pre-close and post-close projects
- Establish the linkage between business strategy and data strategy (and vice versa) to deliver impactful outcomes
- Executive presence with the ability to present, interpret, and recommend results of work including the development of new concepts, major advances in the field, new major applications, and progress on all product programs.
- Be a thought leader, create white papers and represent the organization at various industry conferences and events
- Provide leadership and mentoring to data engineers/architects/BI analysts and practitioners
- Be the visible face of the data engineering team to internal partners, external customers and prospects, and the data architect community at large
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the data platform engineering (ingestion through insights), data strategy, data modeling initiatives across the department’s big data projects.
- Keep pulse of the latest development trends in cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), data platforms, databases (Snowflake, RMDBs, SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, etc.), reporting (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.), ETL/ELT, data warehousing, data hubs, data lakes, data marts etc. and various tools, products, and use cases.
- Expertise in data warehousing approaches (Kimball, Inmon), normalized and de-normalized data models including dimensional schemas (star, snowflake)
- Strong understanding of streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and batch (e.g. Airflow, AWS Glue) data transport technologies
- Experience with Data Visualization tools including PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying unique opportunities and liaising to appropriate client leads, account managers, or business developers
- Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent professional work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on professional development experience in data modeling and data design and must have hands on experience implementing solutions
- Consulting firm/industry or start-up experience preferred
- Experience with the technical programming to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, sophisticated data models by combining, synthesizing, and structuring data
- Experience performing complex data migration to and from disparate data systems/platforms as well as to/from the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and Business Intelligence (BI) environment
- Provide point of view (POV) and recommendations for cloud-native, industry-leading products along with emerging, start-up offerings including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 1-2 nights month for out-of-town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.