Senior Visual Analytics Engineer at Walgreens (Chicago, IL)
Builds and maintains scalable data visualization products as well as web scale interactive visualizations underpinned by massive amounts of data. Identifies valuable internal and external data. Collaborates closely with data scientists and business clients to define data for the design, development, and deployment of new data visualization solutions that support strategic business priorities.
- Develops complex data visualization applications that process, store and serve data, business intelligence, insights and visualizations for use by others
- Develops large scale data structures to generate insights and address reporting needs. Develops data visualizations and dashboards to analyze complex datasets in an intuitive format, working with data architects to derive the correct datasets for BI tool consumption or custom visualization applications
- Writes backend processes and develops tools for real time and offline analytic processing
- Develops and maintains optimal visualization applications that are scalable, automated and secure. Improves data consistency and integrity. Meets with stakeholders to understand business requirements, create functional and technical designs, and document data visualization artifacts
- Troubleshoots data visualization applications and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards. Provides frontline technical support to resolve data visualization related issues, support queries, and tool access
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Collaborates with business clients, data scientists, and other IT colleagues to prepare data visualizations that satisfy specified requirements
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance Nasdaq WBA is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers and patients needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBAs purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNEs 2021 list of the Worlds Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelors degree and at least 2 years of experience in data visualization, data engineering, data science, analytics, statistics or a related function OR a High School Diploma GED and at least 5 years of experience in data visualization, data engineering, data science, analytics, statistics or a related function
- Experience with SQL
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex business issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization
- Willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- A graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with Azure application deployment
- Experience with Azure Analysis Services
- Some exposure to UX design