Senior Workforce Management Forecasting Manager
About This Role:
The Sr. Workforce Management Forecasting Manager is a newly created position in a newly formed WFM department. This position is critical to this department’s evolution. The environment is high growth and extremely complex. This position requires a highly analytical individual that has a passion for mathematics and a deep understanding of contact centers, back-office and subsequent practice-specific calculations used in the industry. The role requires fact-based decision making that is supported by data. The right candidate for this position has a passion for understanding the underlying processes that results in the creation of data sets that they will be utilizing to develop forecasts and analysis. We seek a confident self-starter able to support their work product when challenged. This person will have a deep understanding of call center specific calculations and is able to find trends, correlations in data sets that help further improve their forecasts and provide the business with actionable intelligence. This role will be primarily responsible for forecasting but may be required to perform tasks related to scheduling, intra-day, and/or other WFM functions as required.
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Individual contributor (no direct reports at this time)
- Implores heavy analytical and mathematical abilities to develop accurate forecasts of volumes, average handle times, and other metrics as required to support advanced forecasting in a highly complex environment.
- Is familiar with various forecasting methodologies including:
- Triple Exponential Smoothing
- Auto Regressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA)
- Multiple Temporal Aggregation (MTA)
- Responsible for delivery and development of the annual capacity planning function as a key member of the workforce management leadership team.
- Creates forecasts by drawing on historical, judgmental, and driver-based information.
- Provides analysis and maintains historical data to ensure optimum productivity and operational results are accurately reported.
- Forecasts potential impacts to operations and ability to meet service goals for all activities.
- Participates Customer Service Operations organization, creatively developing workforce staffing solutions, and developing daily workforce schedules and intra-daily scheduling solutions that meet/exceed business goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of Workforce Management Forecasting.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of personnel for the Workforce Management functions.
- Identifies business opportunities based on analysis reports (e.g. consolidate queues, changes hours).
- Oversees the development and delivery of all management reports related to call centers and ensures accuracy of information to assist in the successful forecasting and scheduling of Customer Service Representatives.
- Coordinates and tracks productivity and provides ongoing detailed variance explanations.
- Ensures integrity of data in the Verint Workforce Management database, ensuring optimum productivity and operational results are accurately reported.
- Analyzes trends and gathers input critical to accurate forecasting; provides analysis for forecasting and capacity planning.
- With management direction, develops processes to aid in the analysis of new and existing programs to increase forecasting and staffing accuracy.
- Prepares intra-daily reports on staffing attendance.
- Analyzes PTO submissions and approve/deny based on their effect on operations.
- Provides analytical support for special projects.
- Collaborates with Operations Department Management on identifying opportunities to further optimize our workforce.
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned. Responsible for the coordination and execution of forecasting/capacity plan meetings
- Create and maintain an environment that encourages input from team members, continually improving the forecasting and scheduling projections across all contact channels.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities for process or system improvements and/or enhancements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of call routing strategies associated with call distribution and routing.
- Monitor contact center data to verify agent adherence to schedules and report planned versus actual staffing data (productivity, adherence, etc.)
- Ideal candidate will have a background in forecasting, statistics, and analytics
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and at least 6 years’ experience in Workforce Management or Highschool diploma and at least 8 years’ experience in Workforce Management forecasting in highly complex multi-site, multi-skill environments.