Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Architect
PowerReviews provides an omnichannel shopper experience and insights solution which captures, influences and amplifies the voice of the shopper throughout the shopping journey to drive traffic, sales, and actionable insights. PowerReviews customers consist of over 1,000 of the most trusted brands worldwide.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Architect, you will join a super-talented team of operations-focused engineers that delivers world class cloud-based software to support our global customer base. Your team owns the cloud infrastructure and automation to test, deploy, and monitor production environments. As an SRE Architect, you will be responsible for the availability, automation, performance, efficiency, scaling, monitoring, and emergency response of our platform.
This platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing of user-generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
Our SRE Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
AWS: ECS, RDS (Postgres / MySql), ElastiCache (Redis), Lamda, API Gateway, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, Cognito, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, EMR, CloudFormation, etc.
OS/Misc Apps: Docker, Linux (mostly Amazon Linux), Alpine Linux, Tomcat, Nginx, Maven
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog, Git, Ansible, Python, BASH
Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
Key Accountabilities for the SRE Architect
- Drive process for the DevOps team with a model of continuous improvement.
- Partner with software engineers, product owners and technology leadership to establish development and operational strategy and then deliver against those expectations.
- Drive innovation throughout the team and constantly challenge them to raise the bar in providing solutions that increase overall business velocity and platform performance.
- Provide expertise in Agile methodologies, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and zero downtime deployments.
- Define and monitor key metrics to ensure efficiency and reliability across all systems.
- Optimize tooling for the Development and Ops teams to improve efficiency, velocity, and stability.
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert, providing hands on support and escalation for Engineering and DevOps team members.
Requirements and Preferred Skills for the SRE Architect
- At least six years of professional experience in site reliability and systems architecture on a high volume platform.
- Expert level knowledge of the Amazon Web Services platform, including the implementation of complex automation or comparable experience in GCP or Azure.
- Experience with a majority of the following areas: Java, PostgreSQL, service oriented architecture, Tomcat (or other similar web containers), public/private APIs, SSO, Docker, Git/Gitlab.
- Experience deriving application monitoring requirements and defining application telemetry.
- Expert level Linux engineering skills.
- Scripting languages including Python, Ruby, Bash or equivalent.
- Configuration management using tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Thorough comprehension of networking, firewalls, load balancers, IPV4, security standards.
- Ability to devise solutions that can be handed-off for other engineers to manage and run, including providing documentation and diagrams.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Flexible PTO and work from home policies
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee, and cold brew
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.