We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As a Software Engineer II on the Derived Data Team, a regular day could include working closely with quantitative researchers, other engineering teams, or our traders to improve and automate workflows, optimize models, and develop frameworks to support curation and distribution of large data sets as well as signals used as key inputs in a live trading environment.
On the Derived Data Team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with trading and technology teams on trading strategy, creating applications for both individual traders as well as more robust applications for broader scale use across the entire firm.
- Contribute to the full product development lifecycle of critical tools that enable trading and firm portfolio management.
- Work directly with quantitative researchers and engineers on the derived data team to ingest and evaluate new datasets for signal generation and other quantitative models.
- Ensuring quality and correctness of applications through automated testing as well as manual interaction with the products.
- Monitoring applications in production for performance and effectiveness, always looking for areas to improve existing workflows.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Must have proficiency in Python. Go or Java is a nice to have!
- Experience with some combination of the following Python libraries; Pandas, NumPy, PyArrow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, or Tensorflow.
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment is a plus.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering. Passion for math, statistics, machine learning, or financial engineering a plus.
- 3+ years of software development, with some trading or finance industry experience preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passion for learning new technology and building software as part of a team.
Does our Engineering DNA Match yours?
- We collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop innovative technology
- We like to develop impactful features fast so we can share directly with our end-users and iterate quickly
- We’re focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous learning
- People are everything and our support for each other is abundant
- Through open source technology, we continue to evolve our tech stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the community
- Whether you’re new to our tech stack or an expert, we encourage each team member to experiment with new technologies and take ownership of projects.
- We love to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.