Software Engineering Manager, Big Data
The Data Engineering Manager is part of the Data Engineering Leadership team within the larger R&D organization overseeing the new development of or the enhancement of data pipelines. The successful candidate will lead a team of four to eight data engineers.
The Data Engineering team is a core to the success of Integral Ad Science. Over the next few years we will migrate the data platform to the cloud (AWS), move key data pipelines to streaming and modernizing some existing batch pipelines to latest batch processing technologies.
The Data Engineering Manager will be integral in driving this transformation by providing technical guidance to the team and through providing the resources the team requires to succeed.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and deliver data engineering projects
- Collaborate with various IAS teams throughout the full software development lifecycle including CI/CD, Product, Architecture
- Manage performance of the team including recurring 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting and professional development
- Identify roadblocks and remove them proactively
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Stay informed about new technologies and trends in data engineering
You should apply if you have most of this:
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or a related field
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented language (Java, Python or Scala preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL and comfortable working with large datasets to identify insights
- Experience with open source big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Presto, Pig, MapReduce), Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience designing, developing and deploying data pipelines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team of data engineers
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
- Strong communication skills
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.