SQL Database Administrator
- Design, build and/or maintain OLTP systems and data warehouse solutions using Microsoft SQL Server (Azure PaaS, Azure Managed Instance, and On-premise) and Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Provide support 24/7/365 for any troubleshooting or corrective actions related to incidents impacting availability within the production environments
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune database(s) to optimize performance as workloads change, including tasks such as database design, index creation, database optimization and performance tuning
- Ensure high availability, backup and recovery of production databases, data marts, and data warehouse that meet or exceed BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms and have a demonstrated ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR).
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes, etc.
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and on-call support
- 5 years’ experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008r2 or later
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of high availability, clustered, and always on availability groups
- Demonstrated experience solving performance tuning challenges within a data analytics environment: ETL load times, SQL query times, etc.
- Experience in database development projects (design complex T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, views) and ETL processes
- Familiar with basic Azure IaaS and PaaS capabilities, and experience with designing and building MS SQL databases within Azure
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Hands-on experience architecting, administering, and tuning data analytics solutions in Snowflake
- Familiarity with Snowflake utilities – SnowSQL, Snowpipe
- Familiarity with Informatica Cloud Data Integration, or similar PaaS ETL solutions