SQL DBA at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
CCC is seeking a dynamic SQL Server DBA having experience in administering SQL Server databases including: installation, maintenance, tuning, performance analysis, backup/recovery, and security.
The right candidate should be passionate about data and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the team, you will be tasked with maintaining the current SQL Server landscape while always remaining forward looking as the SQL footprint expands. You should be eager to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems. This position will be joining the DBA team and be responsible for the life cycle of all SQL Server installations, monitoring, and availability of the SQL Server environments.
- Understand CCC's business systems and impacts of infrastructure on business operations
- Install, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and support SQL Server database technologies
- Ensure that database systems are implemented to meet CCC's internal and external standards and service level requirements
- Ensure databases are replicated and backed up to meet CCC's operational and disaster recovery requirements
- Perform database hygiene and maintenance to ensure optimum performance & availability
- Provide problem solving expertise and coordination as required across all implemented technologies
- Tune databases and database queries for optimal performance
- Document database designs and related processes
- Fulfill availability and service level objectives associated with database systems
- Participate in 24x7 DBA support on-call rotation
- Participate in technical incident calls to restore service related to application and infrastructure problems in production environments under time-bound situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in SQL Server database administration across multiple versions of SQL Server
- Minimum 2+ years’ information systems experience in an enterprise systems environment supporting mission-critical systems and applications
- Demonstrate ability to complete projects both independently and in cooperation with co-workers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills across multiple disciplines
- Strong database installation and maintenance fundamentals
- Fully understand the SQL Server backup chain and all parts related to restoration
- Experience with SQL and scripting skills
- Configuration and usage of the SQL Server Agent
- Ability to setup security using groups and roles to meet business and audit requirements
- Understanding of SQL Server replication features with hands on experience preferred
- Experience in using SolarWinds DPA, RedGate, or similar monitoring tools
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!