SQL Server Data Programmer at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About Epsilon’s Automotive
Epsilon’s Automotive is a business unit of Epsilon and Publicis. It brings together data, decisioning and channel activation into an end-to-end automotive lifecycle marketing platform tailored specifically for dealers and auto manufacturers. Epsilon’s Automotive currently works with seven of the top ten global auto manufacturers helping clients align the customer, vehicle and dealer across channels and at worldwide scale.
The Data Programmer’s primary job function is to analyze, design, develop, QA and support software applications in support of agencies client’s business requirements. The data programmer is expected to be able to design and implement marketing solutions and collaborate with other marketing Developers in solving technology problems. This position will be called upon to review/write detailed technical specifications. The right candidate must possess excellent oral/written communication skills.
The Data Programmer will be able to translate marketing campaign requirements against technical best practices and will determine the solution that provides the best combination of functionality, performance, and ease of maintenance.
The candidate must have the ability to self-direct, set goals, and meet aggressive deadlines. This is a key factor in the overall success of the automotive team organization.
- Interact with the Project Manager and develop technical specifications that meet business requirements
- Design and implement data streams that incorporate data hygiene, merge/purge, and transformations
- Demonstrate a grasp of database architecture, modeling, ETL, SQL, and database access tools.
- Support implementation of business intelligence and marketing automation solutions
- Adhere to production standards in all work products and participating in the refinement of standards to improve quality and productivity
- Document all work and facilitate support of ongoing operational responsibilities
- Provide requirements to the technology delivery group to improve product integration, internally developed infrastructure components, and application templates based on project experience
- Participate in code review and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery
- The candidate must have the ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical SQL Server -based solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to quickly discern the most relevant facts and recommend the quickest, most practical and safest approach to resolving an issue with a program or database.
- Able to decompose and solve problems at the appropriate level within the system, keeping in mind the higher-level structures and their requirements and dependencies with adjoining subsystems.
- Strong logical/analytical skills with a keen ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Recognizes good opportunities for code reuse and ensures that the code is designed and implemented accordingly.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- 5+ years data programming experience.
- Must possess knowledge of MS SQL2016, applications data access methods, Transact-SQL, and stored procedures
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL, and data modeling techniques
- Experience developing marketing applications desirable
- Data hygiene and merge/purge applications is a plus
- Experience in Marketing industry a plus
- Familiar with Oracle Database a plus
- Demonstrated experience working on teams in a matrix organization structure
- Familiarity with workflow management systems a plus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.