Sr. Actuarial Analyst
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is an Actuarial Analyst at Clearcover?
A Sr. Actuarial Analyst at Clearcover are natural problem solvers who act with urgency and focus. They exist to support the Insurance department’s objective of developing and maintaining Insurance products that can deliver sustainable growth.
What will you do?
- Execute on tasks to support the development of new insurance products
- Support multi-state expansion including, but not limited to, rate development, rate filings, and technology support
- Building predictive models to support customer lifetime value scoring for both potential and current customers with minimal guidance
- Building actuarial tools to support trending, loss development, reserving, forecasting, rate measurements, segmentation, etc.
- Help with the execution of the monthly IBNR reserving process
- Collaborating with Tech Product, Growth, Finance, and Claims on cross functional projects
What do you need?
- Successful completion of 3 CAS actuarial examinations
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Technical abilities in R/SQL/Python/Excel
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and to challenge the status quo
- Strong decision making and relationship building skills
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social